Homemade laundry detergent….something I was always kind of “eh” about. It seemed like a lot of work when I could just buy it. And does it even work as well? I was a skeptic for SURE. But let me tell you my mind has officially been changed!! I am now the biggest fan EVER of making my own laundry detergent. It seriously takes all of 10 min to make, lasts for so long, smells amazing, is inexpensive and works great. And I must admit….the teal and pink colors aren’t too bad either! Perfect and so pretty as a housewarming gift, or on your shelf in the laundry room. I’ve teamed up with Samsung to share how to make your own laundry soap and a look at my dream laundry room, featuring their amazing new FlexWash + FlexDry duo (seriously- it would be a complete game changer when it comes to the amount of laundry that needs to be done in this house). Because pretty soap needs a pretty place to go, am I right?
So here goes…are you ready for how simple this is??
Finding the ingredients was probably the hardest part but once I figured out which stores carried what, it was easy peasy!
You can find Zote soap at Home Depot and its only .79 cents! Borax and the downy scent boosters I found at Target (they actually have scent boosters at home depot too). Lastly the Arm & Hammer super washing soda I got at Ace Hardware. OR you can be extra smart and just order them here and then make a quick trip to Home Depot. Done and done.
-2 Cups grated Zote Soap
-1 Cup Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
-1 Cup Borax
-1 Cup Scent Booster (This can be adjusted if you don’t want too strong of a scent in your laundry)
Grating one bar of Zote Soap gave me about 4 cups worth and it is sooooo easy to grate. WAY better than cheese ha ha. I hate grating cheese.
Now onto laundry room dreams. Yes I do have laundry dreams, and sometimes they are nightmares ha! Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the amount of laundry that piles up, and what needs to be washed with what, or what is delicate, or what needs to be air dried. So I do dream of a beautiful amazing laundry room one day with an amazing washer and dryer like the Samsung FlexWash + FlexDry System, to make life just a little easier. I made my dream laundry mood board because that is what happens when you become a Mom, ha ha, you dream of pretty laundry rooms. If I am going to spend every single day in a room, might as well make it a place I want to be ;)
1. I want at least 3 laundry baskets and rolling ones seem like the BEST option. I could even recreate an Annie scene with my children ha ha.
2. White subway tile is the way to go! I want it everywhere including my dream laundry room.
3. Turkish towels have such a simplistic look that I love.
4. Greenery in every room if I can help it. Also these vases are amazing!
5. Is it weird that I drooled a little when I saw this faucet? Its pretty dreamy and looks like I can get down and dirty with stains.
6. Pretty hand soap
7. Wood counter
8. LOVE this color. With the white and wood accents I think it will be so pretty.
9. Now THESE are the very things that will make my laundry room the dreamiest. Because looks can only go so far guys, we need some serious function in there too. The Samsung FlexWash + FlexDry are the epitome of function and multitasking. It is equipped with two washers and two dryers, making laundry way more effective! FlexWash can do two loads at once – darks + lights, normal + delicate, hot + cold. FlexDry has the ability to gently dry delicate items and separate them from the normal dryer load. So many loads at ONCE! Which is what I dream of, less laundry time and more family time. I think this will be my new motto ha.
10. White floors can be tricky but when it’s this pretty I can’t say no.
11. Storage is so important and I love a good storage basket, anyone else?
Lets give 3 cheers for easy laundry days ahead! Making your own detergent to dream laundry rooms! How would the FlexWash + FlexDry change your laundry routine?
This post is in sponsorship with Samsung. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Tell Love and Party going.