This Valentine DIY has me giddy! It is such an inexpensive, adorable DIY and a great kid craft as well.
So… I have had these metallic pipe cleaners since FOREVER! I always loved them but for some reason couldn’t find the perfect craft to use them for. And a year later, after sitting in my craft closet collecting dust these metallic pipe cleaners are having their moment in all their sparkly glory… and I am in love! It was worth the wait don’t you think?? You can top your gifts with them or turn them into a garland – either way they are fun to make and so so cute. And well… when it comes to Valentine’s Day… the more hearts the better! Especially sparkly pipe cleaner ones!
Learn how to make these fun DIY pipe cleaner hearts below. You will be surprised how easy they are to make!
–Metallic Pipe Cleaners
1. Take a piece of cardboard (you want some that is fairly thick but I just used a costco box I had)
2. Draw a heart. You can either trace one or draw one by hand, don’t be worried if it isn’t too perfect because the pipe cleaners hide a lot of that.
3. Cut out the heart with your scissors.
4. Draw a smaller heart inside. I just do this free hand and make sure its pretty even all around.
5. I like to cut out the middle with an x-acto knife because its easier but you can use scissors too.
6. Then take your metallic pipe cleaners and start wrapping them around the heart till its completely covered.
7. Then take your sparkly hearts and top those valentine gifts, or make into a fun garland. Because you will be hooked!